29.12.11

L'homme Du Moment

For my twentieth birthday my friend Charlotte & I took off for a week in Rome.  Strolling down some random street one day, we stumbled across a gallery which had a Valentino exhibition on at the time.  We were overly excited & spent several hours wondering round.







I didn't think any more about the exhibition after we left Rome, but then as I opened my December issue of Vogue, there was a picture of the exhibition, glaring out at me.  The article was about Patrick Kinmonth, curator, painter, writer, stylist, art director, & designer of the retrospective.

Turns out the exhibition was just one of his many wonders.  Anna Wintour herself, asked Patrick
to act as creative consultant for the Anglo Mania exhibition, at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York.  Kinmonth has also been collaborating with Vogue for years, working on projects for Burberry, Prada, Gucci, Versace, Calvin Klein, among others.  Kinmonth has also turned his creative hand to the stage, designing for many an opera & ballet.

His most recent challenge was directing a performance of Bach's St Matthew Passion, with the help of charitable foundation Vocal, whose aim is to entice a younger audience to the opera.  The first performance was held in an old concrete laboratory hidden away in Marylebone.  The project aimed to engage a new audience, by producing performances in unusual spaces.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing what Patrick Kinmonth has to offer in 2012.  Definitely one to keep an eye on.

No comments:

Post a Comment